Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals Deadline has been extended to:
Tuesday, May 3rd @ 11:59pm
NOTE: Proposals will be reviewed as they are received. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status within three weeks of the date of submission.
SPACE, the Symposium for Part-time, Adjunct, and Contingent Educators, is issuing a Call for Proposals for this inaugural peer-reviewed conference. We seek proposals that demonstrate the variety and quality of scholarship being conducted by part-time and contingent faculty and the innovative teaching practices demonstrated by this growing group in higher education.
Types of Submissions:
Teaching and Learning Presentations: We encourage presentation submissions on any topic related to teaching and learning in higher education, particularly how it relates to being an adjunct faculty member. These can involve descriptions of teaching innovations, research on teaching and learning, interactive workshops and presentations, panels, roundtable discussions, etc. Presenters are encouraged to make their sessions interactive (e.g., hands-on activities, discussions, reflections, demonstrations); however, all submissions will be considered. Presentations may be 15, 30, or 60 minutes in length.
Discipline-specific Presentations: We encourage submissions on any academic topic being researched by adjunct, part-time, and contingent faculty members in any field of study. These might involve scholarly papers, original scientific research, creative projects, studies, etc. The goal of the symposium is to provide a space for contingent faculty to share their disciplinary scholarship with their colleagues, emphasizing the role of adjuncts beyond classroom teaching. Presentations may be 15, 30, or 60 minutes in length.
Posters: Posters offer the opportunity to present research and teaching innovations in a relaxed atmosphere and to have in-depth conversations with colleagues. In order to fit onto the free-standing poster boards, each poster should be 36" tall x 48" wide. Font should be readable from a distance of approximately 5 feet. Push pins will be available for mounting your material. It would be useful to have approximately 30 handouts for those who want further information.
The deadline for proposal submission is Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016 @ 11:59pm.
Questions? Please contact the SPACE coordinator, Mandy McGrew with any questions.
Instructions for Submitting Proposals
- Create SPACE User Account
- Enter your email address, name and institution
- Profile Image (optional): we encourage all users to upload a headshot profile photo. Presenter headshots are displayed on session and presenters pages.
- Submit Session
- Enter Session Title
- Enter Your Proposal Format
- Enter Description
- Speaker(s) field should be populated with your User ID
- Enter Additional Speaker(s): NOTE: You have 2 Options
- You may enter the names, Insitituions and email addresses in additional speakers text box.
- Or you may contact your additional speakers ahead of time and have them also create user accounts. After user accounts have been created, select the "add another speaker" button underneath the Speaker(s) field. Then select the correct username using the autocomplete.